There are hundreds of commonly experienced and scientifically validated benefits of meditation. Here, I’ve compiled my top five benefits that will make you want to start meditating right now, so you can live a balanced, stress-free and happier life!
1. Meditation grows your brain… both in volume and thickness. This doesn’t make you smarter; it increases your memory, attention, self-awareness, and self-control not to react when life is pushing and pulling you in every direction.
2. Meditation increases a sense of purpose and meaning. Regular meditation gives rise to clarity about what is essential in life and a sense of confidence to make choices that excite your passions and eradicate distractions. Life takes on larger meaning, and you feel a more profound sense of purpose.
3. Meditation reduces cortisol production, a stress-induced hormone that suppresses the immune system and can make you feel anxious nervous and worried about things that are entirely out of your control.
4. Meditation increases the creation of beneficial neurotransmitters including serotonin and dopamine, both of which play a huge role in controlling our moods. It is believed that low levels of serotonin may cause depression and can make you more susceptible to emotional instability.
5. Meditation increases empathy and compassion. These two are such game-changers in our world, and scientific studies report that our ability to be compassionate and empathetic is certainly a brain game. A regular practice of meditation rewires the brain and increases our ability to consider the feelings and needs of others and how we may be able to be of service.
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!
OKSubscriptions powered by Strikingly